Jordan Barber, M.S., D.Ac., L.Ac., L.M.T., Dip.Ac. (NCCAOM)
A life long student of Eastern and Western Philosophy, a clinician, educator, author, and entrepreneur. Known for his no-nonsense approach to things and his rapid clinical results. A traditionalist, but not a purist, he values results over theoretical dogma.
An avid entrepreneur, when he is not working, he spends most of his free time with his French Bulldog, Oscar.
Professional Curriculum Vitae
- Doctor of Medicine in Acupuncture (2017) – IBAM Academy (Asia)
- Master of Science in Acupuncture (2007) – New York College of Health Professions
- Bachelor of Professional Studies, Health Science (2007) – New York College of Health Professions
- Associate of Occupational Studies, Massage Therapy (2004) – New York College of Health Professions
- Post Graduate, Acupuncture Orthopedics and Rehabilitative Medicine – Tristate College of Acupuncture
- Kyo-Jung Physical Manipulation – Institute of Classical Asian Studies
- Ayurvedic Life-Style Consultant – American Institute of Vedic Studies
- Acupuncture for the Cancer Patient – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Hunyuan Research Institute – Hunyuan Practitioner Diploma
- Founder of the OrthAcu Method – Ongoing development of the technique.
- Licensed New York State Acupuncturist #3667
- Licensed New York State Massage Therapist #18268
- Past President of ASNY (Acupuncture Society of New York)
- Past NY Representative to the CSA (Counsel of States, Acupuncture)
- Past NY Representative to the ASA (American Society of Acupuncture)
- Former Faculty at the New York College of Health Professions, Syosset NY
- Yin Style BaGua Medical Tradition
- Teacher: Andrew Nuggent-Head DTCM(China)
- One year via post graduate program.
- Dragon Gate sect of Taoism (lóngménpài 龍門派)
- Teacher: Zhong Yuenming (Stephen Jackowicz PhD)
- Four years of training.
- Theravāda Buddhism
- Teacher: Maha Anik
- One and a half years of training at Vajiradhammapadip Temple
- Western Hermetic Traditions
- Multiple western initiatory traditions
- Eight years and currently on-going.
- A Pocket Guide to Pulses by Jackowicz and Barber, (2008)
- Published by the Institute of Classical Asian Studies
- Acupuncture Society of New York (ASNY)